General safety reminders:
- Know the location for all emergency phone numbers and keep updated. Including Poison Control.
- Install and/or check smoke alarms in your home. Check and change batteries periodically.
- Keep flashlights and fire extinguishers where they are easily accessible and out of reach of children. Check routinely for batteries, and extinguisher inspections.
- Regular inspections of handrails, furniture, equipment, for safety.
- Keep all chemicals, medications, hazardous, poisonous and flammable material in a secured place and away from child’s reach or anyone that could be harmed.
- Practice safe firearms storage, handling, and education.