Back to: Basic CPR/AED Adult, Child, & Infant
- Give 30 chest compressions.
- Open the airway and check the mouth for a foreign body. If something is seen sweep it out with a finger. Use the pinky finger for an infant. DO NOT attempt a blind sweep.
- Attempt rescue breaths. If breaths do not make the chest rise, reposition head and reattempt rescue breaths.
- If victim is still unresponsive and not breathing normally, continue CPR with cycles of 30 compressions to 2 breaths.
- Look in the mouth for a foreign body before each set of two breaths.